Services Offered To Landlords
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hodnett Cooper Real Estate recognizes that owners and tenants alike appreciate well-maintained, clean properties and a local property management team that gives personal, efficient, and friendly service. Our staff employs a hands-on approach and will be well-versed in all aspects of managing your specific property.
We understand that you appreciate a team of professionals who work with you on a first-name basis as they oversee your treasured investment. We are committed to providing this level of service for both you and your tenants.
Part of the services we offer includes a robust marketing strategy using a regular mix of media to reach a local, national and global audience.
Print & Social Media: Placements in local print media are an important part of our marketing plan. Our company contributes significant resources to additional online advertising, billboard ads, social media and more.
WEB Presence: bhhsodnettcooper.com offers a significant web presence for each homeowner. We feature interior and exterior photos of every residence, online application processing, online payment collection and customized mapping for each property.
Golden Isles MLS Lsting: Our offerings are also showcased in our local MLS to reach a broader audience.
- How long will it take to rent my property: We will recommend a rental rate and terms that we think will attract a qualified tenant within 30 days. Market conditions vary, and we can’t make any guarantees as to when we will find a qualified applicant. Some properties lease immediately. Others take longer. We will provide you with updates and modify the price or terms if necessary.
- How will you determine my rental rate: Rental rates are based on size, location, and condition of the property. We look at each property in person and give you an assessment based on our expert knowledge of the market.
- How will you advertise / market my property: We advertise all properties on several national websites including our own. We also have access to advertise on billboards, local newspapers, local magazines, and social media.
- What happens if the tenant has a maintenance problem: The tenant contacts us with the maintenance issue. You will set a maintenance limit in the management agreement. You will be contacted for any non-emergency above the agreed amount. During after-hours, we have someone on call at all times. We handle emergencies immediately using our best judgment to protect your property.
- How do you screen applicants: One of the most important aspects of making your experience as a Landlord rewarding is placing the right tenant in your property. While no one can discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, or familial status, we can screen applicants on the basis of credit and rental history. Once we receive an application from our marketing efforts, we conduct a detailed background check on the applicant(s).
- Who collects rent? When do I get paid: The tenant makes all payments to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hodnett Cooper Real Estate. The security deposits are maintained in one escrow account, and all rents and other payments are deposited into a separate account. We deduct our management fee and any other expenses that have been authorized and send the balance to you. We send out statements on the 15th of each month (or the next business day thereafter).
- What if my tenant doesn't pay rent: Rent is due the first of each month and the tenant has a five day grace period. On the sixth day of the month, we add a 10% late fee to the account. Under Georgia law, we must first notify the tenant that they are in default on the lease, and the Landlord must “demand possession” of the property before a dispossessory warrant can be requested from the court. We send these demand letters out on the 10th. In the unlikely chance we still do not receive rent, we will work with you to start filing Dispossessory Warrants (eviction).